From September 2014, all children in Reception, Year 1 and 2 are eligible to receive a Universal Infant Free School Meal.
If you wish your child to receive a meal, please ensure you return the application sent out and your menu choices.
If you have any enquiries please speak to Karen Annetts in the school office.
Free school meals are available to all children whose parents qualify by meeting the criteria below. Children must be in school all day and they will be provided with a meal at lunchtime that is paid for by the school.
Your school will receive a pupil premium of between £900 and £1900 for every pupil registered for Free School Meals under the criteria below. Even if your child does not want to take up the Free School Meal please ensure that they are registered if they are entitled as this extra funding will benefit all pupils.
To Apply Online follow this link – http://www.somerset.gov.uk/freeschoolmeals
Who can apply?
Parents/carers who receive any of the following are entitled to free school meals:
• Income Support (IS)
• Employment Support Allowance (Income Related) – not Contribution related
• Income-based Job Seekers Allowance (IBJSA) – not Contribution based
• Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit.
• Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
• Child Tax Credit with an annual taxable income (as assessed by HMRC) of less than £16,190.
If you are in receipt of Working Tax Credit, you are not eligible to receive free school meals.