Our School Governing Body
Our school Governing Body currently is made up from four main groups, these are; parent governors, co-opted community governors, local authority governors and staff governors. The term of office for each governor is usually four years though this can be extended if they wish to serve for a further term.
The Governing body performs three main functions they are:
1. Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction for the school
2. Holding the Head teacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils;
3. Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money it well spent.
Countess Gytha governors meet as a full board on a regular basis. We operate a number of committees working groups and individual responsibilities that look more closely, with staff, at important areas of the school’s performance and development these include:
- Welfare of children and families (committee)
- Finance and personnel (committee)
- Head teacher performance management (committee)
- Individual responsibilities reporting to the full board covering children with special educational needs or disability, child protection and assessment data.
- Statutory committees covering complaints, appeals and exclusions.
The day to day management and running of the school is the responsibility of the Head teacher and school leadership team. It is their job to report to the governors so we can undertake our main functions as outline above.
Our current governors are:
|Name||Governor type||Specific role||Contact|
|Lisa Goodland||Headteacher||All groups||01935 850345|
|Lucy Jones||Parent||Chair of Governors
Finance and personnel, Pupil Premium, Head teacher performance management.
|Via school at 01935 850345|
|Simon Peck||Co-opted Community|| Vice Chair
Safeguarding, Head teacher performance management, Education, Standards and Improvement.
|Via school at 01935 850345|
|Lizzie Lukins||Staff – teaching||Education, Standards and Improvement.||Via school at 01935 850345|
|James Tuck||Parent||Finance and personnel||Via school at 01935 850345|
|Maria Butterfield||Parent||Via school at 01935 850345|
|Verity Smith||Clerk||Clerk to full Governing Body||Via school at 01935 850345|
Governor attachments were agreed at the March 2017 meeting and is as follows:
Reception: Lucy Jones
Year 1: TBC
Year 2/3: James Tuck
Year 3/4: Simon Peck
Year 4/5: TBC
Year 6: TBC
Governing Body Business Interest Register 2017 – 2018 Updated November 2017 and terms of office dates
See the Policy page for a range of supportive documents to the running of the school
The governors welcome contact with those wishing to know more about what we do, to comment or ask a question. Please feel free to approach us or ask via the school to make contact with one of us. We also aim to keep you up-to-date with how the school is doing and our work to meet our main functions. We will update you through:
Minutes of our meetings
If you would like to see the agenda for any of our meetings please contact the school office.
Other ways to make contact
• Letters to parents and via local communications like the Parish Magazine
• This website
• Being around at school events
• Asking your views in regular surveys