We are very proud of our primary school in Queen Camel which has served the local community and neighbouring villages since 1872. We cater for pupils from the age of four to eleven years.
The staff and governors of the school aim to provide a broad and balanced curriculum which is appropriate and relevant to the children. We provide a caring, happy and positive atmosphere in which children can fulfil their potential and grow in self confidence and respect for the people and environment around them.
We are committed to developing a strong partnership in education between home and school. Prospective parents are invited to visit the school, meet the staff and children and see the school in action.
The Aims of the School
The staff and governors of Countess Gytha Primary School aim to provide a safe, caring, happy and well-organised learning environment, in which children can acquire knowledge, develop skills and form positive attitudes.
The school aims to help children to:
- achieve their full potential
- enjoy learning
- develop independence, confidence and self-esteem
- develop their own thoughts and feelings
- respect the views of others
- understand and appreciate the world in which they live
- develop positive relationships with other children and adults achieve high standards of behaviour